Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sleep Study

It's past 2 am and I should be sleeping. Ironically talking about the sleep study I had "last" night (that would be the night between this Tuesday and Wednesday).

They stuck wires and stuff to my skin and hair with lemon scented paste. To secure the wires they put two belts around me, one around my stomach and the other just above my breasts. The wires connected to a box with all kinds of plugs. I looked like a human robot, plugged in just about like an electric appliance. Not only that but I had a glowing red sensor stuck to my right pointer finger and a prong like sensor stuck to my nose. Of course they had a camera monitoring me the whole night....

Needless to say not much sleep occurred that night.... They probably got lovely footage of me playing "ET" with my glowing finger. I was kicking my legs around, thrusting my arms, and scratching at the wires, tape, and stuff that were really annoying me. The nose thing had to be top on the list... Since I sleep under the covers, they probably saw what may have resembled a "Mexican Jumping Bean" bouncing under the covers. Or a big lumpy blanket coming to life.

It was also very cold in the room. I had to call them to unplug me so I could take a stop at the bathroom. (you can't just get up and go when plugged in.) I let them know it was too cold. They gave me a couple more blankets. Not long then I felt too hot....


I hope I don't have to do the study over. At least I did finally conk out likely around 5:30 or 6:00 am.... We will see. On the plus side at least I enjoyed watching Animal Planet, a channel we don't have with just basic rabbit ears + converter box...

No comments: