Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A moment of wondering

Sometimes dreams die hard. I'm in a pensive mood right now. I've been working on a story since probably about 1995. It's grown through leaps and bounds as I've grown up and revised it. A single story developed into a whole series. I dream of making something out of it, but... The opportunities are just not there. I wonder if I should keep on hoping I'll find an agent for it and get some of the work published...or if I should just make a blog and publish it free on the internet? The latter would make sure that people get a chance to read the story, but it also means the end of my dream of seeing it in a published book form. I'm coming to the terms my story may never be popular enough for the mainstream to enjoy. After all, insect like creatures are a hard sell... It would take a very small percentage of the population to enjoy.



No matter what, one thing is for certain is that I can't stop writing it. I've grown attached to the characters and enjoy working on their struggles. I entertain myself by writing in a simple MS word (now Open office) document. Occasionally I sketch and paint out rough illustrations.



1 comment:

Friend said...

Keep writing. Try to approach a few publishers. If they publish, well and good. If not, post it for free on internet. Atleast few will read it. You write pretty well. People love to read on insects too. There are all types of people on Earth. So I am sure you will find plenty of insect lovers too.