Friday, August 1, 2008

I still exist

Though I haven't been blogging here lately I'm still thinking and have plenty to think about. I just haven't been writing down all the things that go through my mind.

I am working a part time work study job. So far it seems to be going okay. I work 4 hours a day for three days a week. Eventually my case mananger wants to up my hours.

I help out with sorting things for our local goodwill/easter seals company to put on their ebay like site. One of the main tasks I do is sorting jewelry. My detailed vision and ability to focus on fine details helps me to read the 925 stamps on the items to tell if they are real silver or have a gold value. I can read what value they are often without the need of a magnifying lens.

I don't know if that is a gift from being near sighted or autistic, but whatever it is it sure helps.

No comments: