Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thinking of taking a break from AS

I don't know when or how long. I am coming to a point I think I need to take a break from the Autism Speaks online web discussion forum. It has nothing to do with any members on there or the battleground that the forum becomes. ( I do have to admit I find it a bit of a let down that people can't put aside differences and work towards a common goal). That common goal should be improving the mainstream's attitudes towards autism. Only then will things start falling into place. Unfortunately not many people seem to be truly aware of this. They find it better to defend their opinion against someone else's opinion than to see the boarder perspective.

Arguing with opinion is like trying to drive a car without wheels; you aren't going anywhere, even if you have a full tank of gas.

Wait. I'm autistic. I shouldn't be seeing the forest, but perhaps I've been wrong all along. It seems massive tree blindness isn't just an autistic thing.

I need to step back and do more things I enjoy for myself. It is fun helping people, but I can't do it on my own. I may check my messages for a few days before going off.

In the mean time I created a thread in hopes maybe both sides can find some common ground.

Hopefully it will go to plan and not turn into another war zone which doesn't help anyone. Now it's time to make a mad dash before the arrows start flying and bombs rain down...

No comments: